"" MaDDI: Mid-Century Swedish Sconces

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mid-Century Swedish Sconces

I adore these 1950's swedish sconces from Rewire. I stumbled across them on 1st dibs a few months ago and just can't get them off my mind. The asymmetrical shape, the turquoise glass on brass-- they're the perfect combination of sophisticated and playful.
Source: 1st Dibs


God only knows how much they cost. The fact that they are sold on 1st dibs is not a good sign. Remember when 1st dibs dealers used to publish prices? Now it's always "contact the dealer." As the adage goes, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

What are the chances that I could DIY these babies? Granted, I'd have to learn how to blow glass and master the basics of electrical wiring. But it's not impossible...

No comments:

Post a Comment