"" MaDDI: An Antique Headboard Gets a Modern Makeover

Thursday, September 20, 2012

An Antique Headboard Gets a Modern Makeover

There is a marked difference between design objects I like and design objects I'd want to bring home. An antique bedframe popped up on the Apartment Therapy Classifieds the other day. It's definitely not for me. I live nearly 900 miles away. And I'm not into traditional antiques. Upholstered antiques + raging allergies = real bad news. But it definitely appealed to my imagination. I kept thinking about how I'd fix her up. I think the appeal lies in the challenge of taking grandma's carved wooden headboard and adapting it for a young, modern home.

Original

Source: Apartment Therapy Classifieds

Modern Update

Disclaimer: Please excuse the quick-and-dirty photoshop job on the headboard. This was a quickie.


Sources (Clockwise from left):

  1. Antique Bedframe, Apartment Therapy Classifieds - $250 (I googled "grey and white stripe" for the upholstery.)
  2. Dokter + Misses Table Lamp, West Elm - $79
  3. Horn Tray, Imperio JP via One Kings Lane - No longer available. Similar here.
  4. Alarm Clock Station, Muji - $48.75
  5. Prime Media Console, CB2 - $699
  6. Organic Cotton Pintuck Duvet Cover, West Elm - $199 (+ Shams, $24/ea.)
  7. Hand-Blocked Silk Casablanca Pillow Cover, West Elm - $39

No comments:

Post a Comment