|source unknown. help!|
As readers of this blog know all too well, I like a neutral palette. Especially one loaded with calming grey tones. But there's something about acid yellow that's calling to me. Against a silvery grey backdrop, it has a surprisingly soothing effect-- without being a 'taupe-on-taupe' snoozefest.
I'm keen to pair the hyper modern hue with an earthy tribal print, like this killer ikat chair from Furbish Studio. (How cool is the nude print? A steal at $28-- or take home the original for $365!) If your squeamish about acid tones, maybe a subtle neon zipper would do the trick?
Sources (clockwise from top left)
- Small Carnaby Acid Palm Lamp, Jonathan Adler - $195
- Nude Print II (8x10 print of original painting by Andrea M. Whalen) via Furbish Studio - $28
- Array Pendant, via Weego Home - $595
- Grey Ikat Chair, via Furbish Studio - $1,500
- Stripy Cushion (Grey), OYOY - $95 (available in the US via the Cool Hunter)
- Scamp Medium Table (yellow base/marble top), Blu Dot - $349