Now that it's officially in our clutches, I'm starting to get serious about the small entry way inside Ryan's front door. In addition to the clock, we absolutely need:
- a door mat; and
- hooks (sufficient for hanging Hektor's leash, keys, Ryan's bike helmet and maybe a jacket).
- a boot tray for the sloppy, slushy months ahead (although potentially dangerous to leave shoes exposed, given the whole mischievous puppy situation);
- an umbrella receptacle; and
- maybe some where for stashing mail.
Here are a few of the products I'm thinking about:
- Newgate Bubble Wall Clock, via West Elm Market - $85
- Portuer Wall Pocket, Urban Outfitters - $16-$19
- Karens Vase, Ikea - $14.99
- Chilewich 18"x28" Plynyl Shag Doormat - Black & White, via Didriks - $45
- Good Directions Boot Tray - Powder-Coated Steel, Sierra Trading Post - $24.95
- Eames Hang-it-all - Walnut, via Simply Benches - $105
Off to Toronto tonight! Will visit with our wonderful Canadian friend and cruise the One of a Kind Show. Dwell Studio's blog released their Toronto Guide just in time-- alas, it seems the timing was intended to coincide with founder Christine Lemieux's trip, rather than mine. Sigh. Stay tuned for highlights from the show.