"" MaDDI: One of a Kind Show: Top Picks - Fashion

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

One of a Kind Show: Top Picks - Fashion

Today, I thought I'd highlight my favorite clothing, jewelry and accessories from Toronto's One of a Kind Show. Since I'm far from an authority on fashion, I'll keep this brief. I must have been feeling monochromatic when I was wandering the booths this weekend, because almost all of the items I gravitated towards were lacking in the color department. Though they certainly make up for it in texture, pattern and shape.

The handbags were especially lovely. I had to call on all my will power to keep from buying up waxed canvas bags by Hoi Bo and Bookhou, and C comme Ca's felt and leather creations. And it must be said that photographs do not do justice to String Theory's scarfs and shawls. The alpaca/cotton blend feels so amazing smooth between your fingers-- but incredibly dense at the same time (in a good, toasty warm way!)


Sources (All prices are listed in Canadian dollars, unless marked USD)

  1. The Pleated Satchel, Hoi Bo - $449.99
  2. Felt/Leather Tote, C comme Ca - $225
  3. Chena (top with removable scarf), Melissa Nepton - $145
  4. Nosh (tunic), Melissa Nepton - $165
  5. Zip Tote - Triangle, Bookhou - $85
  6. Spardha Necklace, Biko Jewelry - $186
  7. Pyramid Cluster Studs - Brass, Biko Jewelry - $55
  8. Small Porcelain Cubic Earring w/ Lustre, HeyDay Design - $46
  9. Off Grid Shawl, String Theory - $240 USD


No comments:

Post a Comment