"" MaDDI: Color Crush: Farrow and Ball's French Gray

Monday, February 4, 2013

Color Crush: Farrow and Ball's French Gray

Alex here. I'm crushing hard on a very particular shade of green. It's a pale green, but with a hint of grey. Almost a muddied undertone. In my head, I think of it as "succulent green" for its similarity to the plants' color-- and, now that I think about it, maybe it's also linked to my cactus fixation?

The closest official match I can find for the shade is Farrow & Ball's French Gray. And it looks like I'm not the only one with a crush. Here are few images that have popped up in my blog and Pinterest feeds (I'm particularly in love with the first image, of a Clinton Hill apartment that features the killer Case Study Daybed by Modernica.)

The Clinton Avenue Apartment of Photographer Susanna Howe.
Image Source: Remodelista
47 Plaza Apartment by Workstead
Hotel San Jose in Austin, TX
47 Plaza Apartment by Workstead
The Grid Set by Valvanera Arrieta
Image Source: Design-Milk
Deer Bed Photography by Katherine Wolkoff
Image Source: A Cup of Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment