"" MaDDI: Color Crush: Mustard + Gray

Friday, February 15, 2013

Color Crush: Mustard + Gray

Isn't it funny how ones' taste changes? They say your taste buds are completely replaced within a 7 year cycle. I wonder if there's a similar cycle for aesthetic taste.

Never in a million years would I have guessed that I might go through a mustard phase. We don't even need to go back seven years-- if you'd have asked me a year ago what I thought of mustard-colored decor, you'd have gotten a spirited, "bleech." 

And now? I'm so drawn to it. Can't get enough of it. I think it's the pairing of muted, dusty mustard with a crisp, cool and sophisticated gray that makes it work for me. Happily, the combination is popping up all over the design sphere. 

What you think? (If you're looking to add a little mustard + gray to your home, Dwell Studio should be your first stop. They're really nailing this color combo.)


  1. Portfolio of Spanish interior designer Maria Llado, via Desire to Inspire 
  2. Osa Pillows - Mustard + Charcoal, Dwell Studio - $125 ea.
  3. Draper Stripe Duvet Set, Dwell Studio - $350
  4. Alvine Ruta Rug, Ikea - $249
  5. Ontario Home of Jeremy & Carrie Wreford, via the marion house book
  6. Pegasus Necklace, Stella & Dot - $198

No comments:

Post a Comment