Isn't it funny how ones' taste changes? They say your taste buds are completely replaced within a 7 year cycle. I wonder if there's a similar cycle for aesthetic taste.
Never in a million years would I have guessed that I might go through a mustard phase. We don't even need to go back seven years-- if you'd have asked me a year ago what I thought of mustard-colored decor, you'd have gotten a spirited, "bleech."
And now? I'm so drawn to it. Can't get enough of it. I think it's the pairing of muted, dusty mustard with a crisp, cool and sophisticated gray that makes it work for me. Happily, the combination is popping up all over the design sphere.
What you think? (If you're looking to add a little mustard + gray to your home, Dwell Studio should be your first stop. They're really nailing this color combo.)
- Portfolio of Spanish interior designer Maria Llado, via Desire to Inspire
- Osa Pillows - Mustard + Charcoal, Dwell Studio - $125 ea.
- Draper Stripe Duvet Set, Dwell Studio - $350
- Alvine Ruta Rug, Ikea - $249
- Ontario Home of Jeremy & Carrie Wreford, via the marion house book
- Pegasus Necklace, Stella & Dot - $198